Campus Style: Rutland Hall Formal

Campus Style gets dressed up as The Tab head over to the Rutland Hall Formal

Freshers week is over and now the halls of residence are experiencing a more classy side to UoN, hall formals.

A night where average to poor food is accompanied by latin speeches, sequined dresses and gallons of cheap wine.

Were you spotted?

The burnt orange colour of Amaira’s dress is really eye catching and goes perfectly with her skin tone, while the Topshop shoes are to do die for and contrast beautifully with the dress,  if a little daunting in height.

Rob Cameron, 2nd Year, History and Amaira Waqar, 2nd year, Psychology

While black may be considered the safest colour for formal attire, it never fails to impress, and in this case makes a striking impression.

Holly rocks the monochrome look to perfection, whilst Georgia shows that ponytails aren’t just for the gym.

Sophie Haswell, 1st year, Philosophy, Holly Tallentire, 1st Year Psychology and Georgia Robertson, 1st Year, Philosophy

Tariq shows that formal wear is not just a girls game.

This blue velvet jacket is to die for and the lightness of Tariq’s trousers contrasts beautifully, sharpening the focus on the jacket.

Tariq Ramjan, 1st year, Economics

Karolina’s open back dress shows that demure can still be sexy, and the red lips against the red dress give her overall look a 1950’s Hollywood Siren feel.

Roxana contrasts her black top and tights with a sequinned skirt, whilst she dresses down the look with heeled boots.

Karolina Hope, 1st Year, Modern Languages and Roxana Liechtenstein, 1st year International Media and Communications

These three were definitely inspired by James Bond for Rutland’s formal.

Winter is coming and Dominique’s fur coat is a perfect example of how you can wrap up warm and still look glamorous.

Josh Hunt, 1st year, History, Dominique Kisten, 1st Year, International Relations and Global Issues and Ryan Brown, 1st year Architectural Environment and Engineering

These lovely ladies are rocking numerous trends, such as all white, lace, sequined and picturesque scenes (very Valentino).

We especially love the Co-ords trend for formal attire, and the use of a crop top breaks up the blocked look.

too many to name surely?!

We went mad for Emma’s dress at The Tab as it ticks so many trend boxes; High neck, sixties, floral, I could go on forever.

And the best thing? Its from Marks and Spencers! Love, love, love!

Emma Nightingale, 1st year, History

You got to love a good suit. These boys are looking incredibly dapper and we are especially loving the mixture of black and blue suits.

Patterned dickie bows are a great way of breaking up a block outfit such as a black tuxedo, whilst Aaron’s grey chinos contrasted against his white collar, shows that there is various ways to dress up a suit jacket.

Akash Rammath, International Relations and Global Issues, Samuel Levy, Product Design Engineering, Swahil Soneji, Economics, Nabeel Ahmed, Geography and Aaron Taylor, Industrial Economics