Made in Nottingham

Do you fancy yourself as a bit of a Millie Mackintosh, but more likely to be wearing Primani than Armani? Or maybe you’re a Louise Thompson but more prone to […]

Caggie Dunlop Cheska Hull Lost Boys Louise Thompson made in chelsea Millie Mackintosh Rosie Fortescue

Do you fancy yourself as a bit of a Millie Mackintosh, but more likely to be wearing Primani than Armani? Or maybe you’re a Louise Thompson but more prone to a zero bank balance than a zero waist?

We have the solution; so put that Mulberry bag down, and don’t be extending the overdraft just yet…

Just remember that playing ‘Spot the Real Gucci’ in Chelsea might be a tad depressing, but class isn’t necessarily cash and high street doesn’t mean downbeat. If the price tag is higher than the heel it is generally a rip off, so don’t be looking for a name you can’t spell (never mind afford!)

Here’s how to get catwalk class without the splash with a little help from our Made in Chelsea style crushes…

Millie Mackintosh looks fabulous in a black peplum top matched with leggings and heels

Recreate the look

Black lace shoulder peplum top
£26.00
Dorothy Perkins

ASOS Leggings in Pleated Wetlook
£25.00
ASOS

Rosie Fortescue looks effortlessly elegant in this smart trousers and blouse combo

Recreate the look

Premium Silk Polka Trim Shirt
£48.00
Topshop

Premium Peg Leg Trousers
£42.00
Topshop

Ok so Caggie Dunlop may not still be in MIC but she’s still always so ridiculously well-dressed

Turn this look into a more campus friendly outfit by using darker tones…

Recreate the look

Phillipa PU Sleeve Coat
£35.00
Boohoo.com

Moto Vintage Skinny Leigh Jeans
£38.00
Topshop

Luckily Rosie Fortescue‘s outfit can be turned into a cheaper alternative

Recreate the look

Kate Box Pleat Skater Skirt
£12.00
Boohoo.com

Asos Petite Leather Look Quilted Biker Jacket
£50.00
Asos

Cheska Hull works the vintage look in this cute tea dress

Recreate the look

Floral Chiffon Dress
£46.00
Topshop

Now your wardrobe’s had a re-vamp, you’re ready for a spontaneous trip to west London. Catch the Three Lost Boys (aka Jamie Laing, Francis Boulle and Oliver Proudlock) at Oceana last night? The Charming Princes of Chelsea had an orderly queue of salivating Cinderellas. Don’t worry if the shoe didn’t fit, designer heels are always tiny anyway…

Chelsea Princes