Image may contain: Countryside, Sunrise, Landscape, Tree, Sky, Land, Grassland, Vegetation, Field, Nature, Sunlight, Park, Lawn, Outdoors, Plant, Grass

A memorial for Theo Brennan Hulme is taking place at the oak tree in Earlham Park today

LDC have organised a gathering at the oak tree in Theo’s memory

Following the death of first year student Theo Brennan Hulme last week, the School of Literature, Drama and Creative Writing has organised a gathering in his memory. It will take place at the oak tree in Earlham Park tomorrow (Wednesday 20th March) from 1pm-2pm.

The university posted a statement about this on the UEA Portal which was then included in The Square- the university's 'weekly round-up' email.

They have stated that the memorial gathering will involve "readings, songs and a chance to share a moment of silence."

The university also stated in this message: "A book of remembrance will also be available for people to share their tributes and memories of Theo."

They added, "Some of those attending will be meeting outside Arts 2 at 12.50pm and walking over to Earlham Park – all are invited to join them on this walk should they wish to."

If anyone is suffering as a result of Theo's passing, Norwich Nightline is available between 8pm to 8am every term time night on 01603 597158. The Samaritans helpline can be contacted on 116 123. The UEA Student Support Services can be contacted on 01603 592761 and [email protected].

Photo Credit: Anjelina Encheva