Trick or treat: the easiest and cheapest costumes for Halloween

Left your costume to the last minute? Don’t worry we got your back.

Halloween is one of the biggest dates of the student calendar and involves whacking out your spookiest fancy dress for  a week of club night Halloween parties.

If you’ve typically left your Halloween outfit to the very last minute, and Magic Box is totally out of stock, here’s some ideas to the easiest and cheapest costumes for you to tackle.

The Witch

Always a classic on Halloween is of course the witch. Head to your nearest pound shop for a hat (there’ll even be a selection of colour).

Then throw on ANY black clothing and tie a black bin bag around your neck as a cape…no one will know the difference.

Cost: £1

The Ghost

Another classic and probably the simplest of costumes. Literally pull that sheet from your bed, throw it over your head and get your flatmate to cut 2 holes where your eyes are.

Word of warning: preferably choose a clean sheet… your ghost might not be so convincing with that chocolate stain (or worse) on the back of your head.

Cost: nothing

The Cat

While every girl in the club could be a cat on Halloween, don’t let that put you off, because you’ll blow them all out of the water.

Most pound shops sell the set at yes £1- the ears, the tail, even a bow tie.

All that’s left to do is grab your liquid eye-liner to draw on those whiskers. Cost: £1

The Bunny

If you want to take a leaf out of Regina George’s book then go for the bunny, who really cares that it’s not scary?

If you haven’t still got your bunny ears stuffed at the back of your wardrobe from last Easter, card shops tend to have these stocked all year round, just look in the hen party section.

Cost: a few quid

The Mummy

All you need is a roll (or 2) or toilet paper and a flatmate willing to wrap you up. Easy peasy.

You’ll even be the most popular person ever when the club toilets run out of loo roll.

Cost: about 50p-£1.50 depending if you buy the cheap stuff

The Harry Potter

Growing in immense popularity over the last couple of years and still so simple to do. Grab a cheap pair of novelty glasses/ free cinema 3D glasses with the lenses put through and draw a scar on your head.

You can even wear any clothing you want to because everyone will know who you are.

Cost: free-£1

The Zombie, anything...

You can make yourself into anything zombie-fied by covering yourself in fake blood. And at this time of year you can pick this up literally anywhere!

The good thing about this costume is you can actually wear anything you like. Zombie student? Zombie nurse? Zombie Walter White? It’ll all work.

Cost: £1 a tube