Image may contain: Text, Paper, Apparel, Clothing, Word, Person, Human, Advertisement, Collage, Poster

New Student Run Magazine to Launch at Antwerp on Wednesday

Margins aims at “changing the relationship between students and their city”

A new student run magazine is due to hold its launch party at Antwerp Mansion on Wednesday the 27th.

Margins magazine, created by second year UoM students, intends to tell the student population of Manchester about the goings on that they would otherwise miss in the city.

The Margins team tell us that they're "aiming at changing the relationship between Manchester students and their city" and that the magazine will feature "Reviews, features and examples of outstanding design, including from venues and businesses from all corners of Manchester."

Image may contain: Paper, Brochure, Flyer, Poster, Advertisement, Text

The Margins team hope that "Our readers will go out with confidence to explore new places, meeting the diverse array of communities that inhabit them.

"With a particular focus on nightlife, we will bring a variety of the genres, clubs and stories that maintain Manchester’s position as a cultural icon. We want to hear from you where your favourite parts of the city are hiding! Writers, photographers and graphic designers are all invited to share their work and ideas with us, so we can keep this magazine running for everyone!"

Margins is launching at an event from 6-10PM on wednesday at the infamous Antwerp Mansion. The team promise a variety of "everything from music to spoken word" with "A range of artists providing sounds from many genres, including House, Electro, Drum and Bass, Breakbeat, World, Grime, Dubstep and many more."

In addition they promise that "Global Source Kitchen will tantalise your taste buds with some Mexican inspired cuisine, and the walls will be curated by West Art Collective; a group of contemporary artists holding monthly exhibitions based at the Mansion Gallery."

Tickets are available now