Manchester Police appeals for students to claim bizarre items stolen from Fallowfield houses

The stolen items include a lighter, an American plug and a broken camel magnet

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) have launched an appeal to reunite owners with an array missing items which have been stolen from student properties in Fallowfield and Withington.

Posting on FaceBook, GMP shared images of the stolen items, some of which include a lighter, a hair clip and a broken camel magnet.

It explained that officers had recovered items shown in the photos following an investigation into an increase in burglaries in student areas.

In the same post, it also wrote that it’s believed they may have been stolen from the Fallowfield or Withington area.

via FaceBook

The full list of items looking to be reunited with their hopeful owners include a key, multiple costume jewellery items, a hair clip, an American plug, an extra long lighter and a tube of used Too Faced primer.

Commenters on the original post expressed their disbelief that GMP had chosen to share the items in hope of finding their owners. One person wrote that the appeal was a “waste of police resources”,

Police also requested that the post is shared to residents in the areas mentioned and within student groups for university students.

After being shared in Manchester Student’s Group (MSG), commenters were quicker to find the funny side of the ordeal.

One commented “Liked and shared hope I win”, whilst another wrote “Happy to claim the gaslight if no one else does… possibly the broken camel and face primer as well?… On second thoughts, my boyfriend is already a gaslighter.”

Another tagged a friend who had been burgled, writing “They can’t find your stolen laptops but they can find this lmao”.

GMP have asked anyone who recognises any of the items in the images to get in touch either online or by calling 101, and quoting incident number 907-250424.

Related articles recommended by the writer:

Featured image via Google Maps and FaceBook