Image may contain: Speech, Crowd, Audience, Person, People, Human

Face of Neo-Nazi rally is now a student at LSE

Self-proclaimed ‘white nationalist’ is studying for a Master’s in London

Peter Cytanovic, who became the face of the Charlottesville white supremacist rally, has been confirmed by The London Tab as a Master's student at the London School of Economics.

Peter, who also uses the surname Cvjetanovic online, studies at the Department of Government at LSE.

He became notorious after the photograph of him holding a torch and screaming, at the Unite the Right march in Charlottesville became synonymous with the violent protests.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

His social media profiles appear to confirm his enrolment with one picture of him outside LSE and another of him in a group photo for LSE Government cohort of 2018.

The London Tab confirmed his enrolment by getting a number of LSE students to search the email directory, which revealed the option to send a post-graduate student Peter Cytanovic a message.

When the The London Tab emailed this address asking for a comment we received a reply telling us to contact the LSE international communications department.

A LSE spokesperson told the London Tab that the "LSE does not discuss details of individual students.

Nevertheless, we take any complaints received very seriously and have robust procedures in place to ensure that all issues of concern raised are dealt with promptly and fairly."

“The School is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion for all members of the School community. Students and staff are free to hold and express their own views, however, we expect everyone within the LSE community to treat each other with respect at all times."

“Graduate selections are made on the basis of the strength of an individual’s application, with an experienced selector assessing each application, including personal statement and references, alongside agreed criteria set by the department.”

Peter's Facebook profile picture features him standing outside the Old Building, at LSE wearing a LSE hoodie. He has also changed his background picture to a photo of the LSE old building.

On his Twitter profile Peter has re-tweeted a LSE group photo of the Government cohort of 2018 and has tweeted @LSE_US thanking them for a talk.

In two separate interviews following the rally, Peter stated that he identified as "white nationalist" however in a later interview he said that these comments had been his "biggest mistake".

The former University of Nevada student rose to prominence as the face of the 'Unite the Right' rally in Charlottesville in 2017 where he was filmed marching with a lit torch.

The Unite the Right march was held in protest of the removal of the statue of Confederate General Robert E Lee from Charlottesville.

Thirty people were injured during a clash between the Unite the Right marchers and counter-protesters on the night of the protest.