Hall Reps get a £2,000 deduction off their Hall rent

Most students have never heard of them!

The Tab London can reveal that UCL Halls Representatives receive a £2,000 deduction off their annual rent.

Halls representatives are elected by first year students to represent the Hall at UCLU meetings.

According to the UCLU website, Halls Representative “selected to represent the views of students living in residences to UCL. Hall Representatives liaise with UCL Residences and act as the voice of students in residences, ensuring they take their needs into account”.

However, concerns have been raised as to how well the roll is advertised- the job description on the UCLU website fails to mention the £2,000 deduction off Hall rent.

In a press release to The Tab London, UCL justified the £2,000 reduction because it was “in recognition of their time and commitment required to perform the role effectively”

However an anonymous source disclosed that this often boils down to attending a few relevant union meetings a month.

Nominations for Halls representatives for this academic year closed two weeks ago, with voting closing this morning.