Varsity Update: UCL XVs Brush Aside Essex to Reach Semis

UCL first XV sent out a warning sign to the strand poly, as they brushed aside Essex in the quarter final, ahead of their biggest game of the season, the Varsity, this week.

buzz rugby ucl UCL Buzz UCL rugby uclbuzz.co.uk

UCL first XV sent out a warning sign to the strand poly, as they brushed aside Essex in the quarter final, ahead of their biggest game of the season, varsity, this week.

Undefeated going into the game, UCL were keen to keep up their impeccable form and pile even more pressure onto an underachieving King's side, who they face at the Twickenham Stoop on Friday.

From the first whistle, it was clear to all those watching why UCL has a perfect record thus far. They dominated Essex in every department and the 24-3 score line did not do justice to UCL’s superiority throughout the game.

In dreadful conditions, which should have suited Essex’s massive forward pack, UCL dominated at the breakdown and from set pieces. The front 8 more than matched the Essex pact, as they put on a punishing display of aggression and control.

Tries from the excellent Elliot Mills and Oscar Dodd, as well as scores from Henry Poon and try machine Ollie Marshall ensured that the result was never in doubt.

The polytechnic by the river, whose season has to put it politely been embarrassing, must be quaking in their boots at the prospect facing this UCL side in such sensational and ruthless form.