UoL Freshers still haven’t been allocated rooms in Halls

‘For a Russell Group uni, Liverpool really needs to step up’

UoL Freshers are yet to receive room allocations in halls despite the University of Liverpool Halls Facebook and Instagram pages releasing a post on Friday 4th September saying that room numbers would be allocated on that day.

The majority of students were allocated accommodation after A-Level results day and they were supposed to be finding out their room numbers from the start of September, but the University posted an apology onto their Halls Facebook page saying that rooms will be allocated by Tuesday 8th September ‘at the very latest.’

Due to the current Coronavirus safety measures installed, students must book slots to move into their rooms to minimize contact with people outside their household as much as possible, meaning students require their room numbers to book these slots to move in.

The Instagram post, which was initially captioned ‘Room numbers will be released from today’ on Friday 4th September, now says ‘Room numbers will be released from Tuesday (edited)’, causing students to express their worries in the comments.

One student commented: ‘We were told it would be from the first to the 4th of sept and a lot of parents need notice to book off work what happened to the original dates ? And if uni of was behind why wasn’t this communicated to us so we could inform parents or carers?’ to which the Livunihalls account did not respond.

After editing that Instagram post and stating that rooms will be released from Tuesday 8th September, the UoL Halls Facebook page posted that students will hear about their rooms by Tuesday.

📣 Room Numbers Update 📣If you are currently waiting to receive your Room Number please be aware these will now be with…

Posted by University of Liverpool Halls on Friday, 4 September 2020

The post reads: ‘If you are currently waiting to receive your Room Number please be aware these will now be with you by Tuesday 8th September at the latest. We apologise for any inconvenience.

‘We aimed to provide the room numbers by the end of the day today, however due to the number of additional factors we are taking in to account this year this has not been possible.

Please check your emails for further information, and we will share an update online next week. Thank you for your patience.’

The University sent an email on September 4th apologising for the delay in room allocations and explained that the delay is due to ‘the work involved this year to ensure the correct mix of students’ per flat.

Responding to the situation, a University of Liverpool spokesperson told The Tab: ‘We have allocated students to their halls of residence as soon as possible after they accepted their offer to study with us. Due to the situation surrounding A level results this year, it has taken longer than usual to allocate room numbers. All students who do not need to quarantine will receive their room numbers by the end of Tuesday 8 September.’

Featured image credit: @Livuni (Instagram)