liverpool waterfront liver birds

Liverpool named one of the top holiday destinations in the world for 2018

Beats Ibiza any day

The city of Liverpool has been named as one of the top destinations to travel to this year on the holiday hotlist 2018. The Guardian named Liverpool in the top 40 destinations around the world to travel to in 2018.

Liverpool appeared amongst other cultural hotspots such as Paris, New Orleans, Amsterdam and Peru.

The city has lots going on this year including Eighteen for 18 holding a series of events, exhibitions, seasons and performances including Terracotta warriors which will go on show at the World Museum, as well as the Tate Liverpool’s 30th birthday.

The Echo reported that Mayor Anderson said: “We want everything we do in 2018 to build on the wonderful work which has taken place in the city since 2008.

“2018 will be the next watershed year in the history of Liverpool and one which will make everyone who lives here proud, and everyone that doesn’t live here wonder why they don’t!”

The full list of events happening at Eighteen for 18 is continuing to be announced, updates can be found here.

In 2017 Liverpool was also titled seventh most welcoming city in Britain, adding to the appeal and welcoming in tourists with open arms. Liverpool John Lennon Airport was also voted the friendliest airport in the country.