Central Perk has closed and you could own their furniture

How good would that orange sofa look in your Smithdown living room?

auction Bold Street cafe central perk friends furniture win

The Bold Street coffee chain announced its closure yesterday along with the Chester and Hatton Garden branches. 

Brains behind the business Nigel Russell said he had been forced to ‘cut his losses’, but its not all gloom and doom.

Friends enthusiasts have the opportunity to purchase their favourite replica furniture from the hit sitcom in an online silent auction taking place all week.

This could all be yours

The sudden shut down was announced on Facebook along with plans to auction off items from sofas to framed photos.

Bethany Bagnall-Ainslie, a third year Music student at the University of Birmingham had fond memories of Central Perk.

She told The Tab: “I’m definitely going to miss it, spending a lazy Saturday afternoon watching over four hours of friends reruns accompanied by a Monica Geller was a perfect way to ease an atrocious cider hangover.

“I can’t believe it’s getting shut down, I sadly only made the trip once but I had the best couple of hours lying on a sofa watching Joey not sharing food and Phoebe massaging all manner of clients. RIP”

Central Perk announced its closure yesterday

Second year Psychology student Emma Thornton said: “I’m heartbroken I never got to go.

“It would be fun to have one of the sofas though, it would definitely brighten up our living room.”

Third year Sarah is also sad about the shops exit. She told The Tab: “I didn’t go that much, I felt like it was more for tourists but it was fun whenever I went and I will miss it.”

If you want to get involved and have your own piece of Central Perk follow the auction on Facebook here. Just think how well a vintage coffee machine would counter the damp in your kitchen.