The Guild is launching its first club night, and they’re charging you £4.30 to get in

It’s called ‘Loop’

alcohol drinking guild guild club loop the cellar university of liverpool

The first ever club on campus has finally been revealed as The Cellar prepares to open its doors for Re-Freshers.

The hot new underground club has been launched as part of the Guild’s multi-million pound refurbishment, and will have its first night on February 7.

The Cellar will also have a night every Saturday called Loop, but they’ll charge you a staggering £4.30 to get in – rivalling popular venues such as Heebies and Faculty which are free entry.

Loop will face stiff competition from club rivals in the centre

Will the on-campus club be a success?

But the “student only” club does guarantee bargain drinks deals, with two Jagerbombs for £4 and a double vodka mixer for £2.

And if you’re one of the first 50 people through the door, you’ll bag yourself a free cocktail.

First year Communications student Ellie said: “I think this new club night will be good for students living on campus who cant be bothered to venture into town on a Saturday night.

“But I do feel for a student venue the entry price of £4.30 is a little steep.”

AU has already been moved to the Guild

James, a second year Architect, told The Tab: “The £4.30 entry is a bit expensive but I guess it’s the Guild making sure they get money, as even with cheap drinks on offer we all try to avoid splashing out at the bar.”

Loop will be open from 11pm to 4am every Saturday offering music from house to chart, hip-hop and indie.