Good tidings we bring to you and your Quinn: Engineer sent over £3,000 worth of goods by Amazon

His dad wants the tablet, but he’s not going to give it him for free

3d tv amazon buggy Christmas engineering gadgets galaxy tablet gifts liverpool presents samsung tv xmas

It’s Christmas and you blew your loan in Faculty months ago, leaving you with next to nothing to buy all those presents.

So imagine the joy when Engineering student Robert Quinn was sent over £3,600 worth of goods from Santa, aka Amazon – without paying a penny.

The 22 year old has had at least 46 items – including a Samsung 3D TV and a Galaxy tablet –  delivered to his family home in Bromley despite ordering absolutely none of it.

But rather than lavishing his family and friends in gifts this year, the humble entrepreneur is going to sell most of the electronics and give the rest to charity.

The aspiring inventor has said he will use the cash to fund a cannabis grinder he is creating.

He told the Mail Online: “I should have about £1,600 to play with this summer and I might take my girlfriend to Bruges.

“And at the moment I’m working on an electrical cannabis grinder. I’m thinking about getting a patent on it.

“My brother wants the Dolce and Gabbana aftershave and my dad wants the Galaxy tablet.

“My brother can get the aftershave but I’m not sure my dad can have that tablet for free.

“My mum wants the leaf blower, she can have that. The rest I might sell back on Amazon.”

The stash includes a 55-inch TV, three tablets, a £120 laptop, a PSP and other computer gear, as well as a list of other completely random objects in the shape of a baby buggy, a leaf blower, a single bed, a chest of drawers, a Waterman pen, a £170 electric wine cooler, CDs, DVDs and books.

Robert believes a computer database glitch sent the goods to his family home in Bromley, Kent, instead of a returns depot.

He said: “It’s random stuff. Everything is packaged with returns labels, so people are sending these items back to Amazon.

“I contacted Amazon and they have told me three times in writing I can keep anything that has arrived.

“I told them I have a moral issue if people sending this stuff back end up losing out.

“But Amazon assured me that would not happen.”

Robert is a regular Amazon shopper and it appears his loyalty has been rewarded, as the company say the student can keep all goods free of charge, despite his initial reluctance.