Crown Place’s crowning glory

The building work is finally coming together for the brand new on-campus accommodation Crown Place

Students can finally see the brand new on-campus accommodation, Crown Place, coming together after months of construction.

The £50 million project is set to be complete this August, ready for intake in September.

The building work seems to have been going on for ages, but students can now see the self-catered accommodation complex shaping up.

Crown Place, which will become home to 1259 rowdy freshers in September, is UoL’s newest luxury self-catered accommodation.

Until now, UoL’s catered accommodation has been the main choice for students coming to Liverpool, but with the opening of Crown Place on Brownlow Hill, freshers will have the choice to be self-sufficient in their first year.

Like Vine Court, all the rooms will be en-suite, but they come at a price.

A single en-suite room at Crown Place will set you back a staggering £124.95 a week- that’s just £5 a week cheaper than the catered Carnatic halls and a whopping total of £4873.05 over the course of your 39-week contract.

Vine Court provides on-campus catered accommodation, whereas Crown Place will be self catered only

However, students living in Crown Place will save a considerable amount of money on transport compared to those in off-campus accommodation.

Crown Place will also house live-in pastoral tutors in 29 larger studio apartments.  They will be full time staff around to offer support for students settling into Liverpool life.

There will also be an “undercroft car park”, retail units, a games room and laundry facilities.

The complex will be split into three blocks, each between seven and 11 storeys high.

The university say on their website: “This project will continue the University’s strategy to replace its stock of student residential accommodation and provide a first class student experience.”

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.