What does your hair colour say about you?

Do blondes really have more fun? Can you actually tell anything about someone from their hair colour? Yes, you definitely can.

black hair blonde brown brunette dip dye grey hair hair colour mermaid hair

Recent research by the University of Queensland has found blondes earn 7% more than employees with other hair colours… regardless of their education.

So should we all be turning blonde? And what does your hair colour really say about you? The Tab investigates.

Brunette

You’re level headed and a great judge of character. You’re pretty chilled, although sometimes you can have a reputation of being a tad boring (after all, brown is such a dull colour). It’s either your natural hair colour or you’re trying to look intelligent as brown can be a bit more sophis. Their reputation of being brainy isn’t unfounded: 67% of CEOs would pick a brunette candidate.

Blonde

You blondes are flirty and fun. You’ll get to the top with beauty and charm, although you’ll have to put up with jokes along the way. Only 10% of the world is naturally blonde so your either lucky or faking it. Keeping those golden tones can be a lot of work, which is why blondes are considered high maintenance.

Ginger

The fiery temper and outgoing personality is more than just a stereotype. Think of a few famous gingers and most of them are rebels. Just look at the most outrageous Spice Girl, Ginger Spice. Poor copper tops probably get a bit of a bad time, especially with South Park’s who soul thing.

Only 13% of CEOs would choose a redhead, so the odds are against you, but it’s been found that once achieving a position redheads are more likely to become team leaders because of their ability to make bold decisions.

Random fact: studies have shown that natural red heads need more anaesthetic and pain killers!

Black hair

If your hair is naturally black you’re very lucky. The tone is hard to pull off by many skin tones which is why some people end up looking gothic when they attempt to recreate. People with a dark hair colour are deep thinkers and often take the role of strategising in teams.

Dip dye

If your hair is dip dyed you’re fun and up for trying something new. You are pretty fashion focused and chilled as maintenance is basically non existent for this style.

Unusual colours

If your hair is some bright colour you basically don’t give a damn. You’re daring and willing to give anything a go and you definitely don’t mind standing out from the crowd. You only live once so why not try every colour? However, it appears the bright colours may work against you in the professional field, with many companys wanting natural hair colour and styling as part of the dress code.

If you have one colour streak you either are a massive Avril Lavigne fan or you wanted to go completely bright but chickened out. It’s your token craziness but no full on turning heads in the street.

If your hair is a pastel shade, the candy floss colours probably have people thinking your head is in the clouds. You’re fun loving and ditsy. Pastels are very in right now, being seen all over spring catwalks also on your head.

Burgundy of navy hair tones means you have gone for something unusual but in a more understated way. You’re unique and your hair colour reflects that, standard colours won’t do. You want to turn heads but not snap necks.

If your hair is grey you are either a mature student or a hipster. Standard hair colours are just to mainstream for you.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.