Mossley Hill and Allerton outed as two of the UK’s worst burglary hotspots

Halls of robbery: student areas in Liverpool are amongst UK’s biggest thieving hotspots.

burglary carnatic halls greenbank halls liverpool robbery

Student areas Mossley Hill and Allerton have been named the sixth most burgled places in the UK.

Shocking data, published by the Moneysupermarket.com based on insurance claims, has ranked UK postcodes in order of how likely they are to be burgled – and Liverpool has come up top.

And it’s the popular student areas of Mossley Hill and Allerton that thieves are targeting the most. Home to Carnatic and Greenbank Halls, footballers and much in between, the L18 postcode has 33.3 victims of burglary per thousand people.

The famous Penny Lane is also in the area, with the Beatles’ song making scant mention of the crime rates.

Good job the famous sign is pretty firmly fixed in place

The honour of coming first was awarded to M21 in Manchester, with 45.2 burglaries per thousand inhabitants.

Waterloo (L22), another Liverpool postcode, came one place behind Mossley Hill with most remaining places being occupied by London boroughs.

Moneysupermarket.com conducted the study using over three millions insurance claims.

They said: “Thieves often target areas with wealthy residents and desirable properties where the rewards are potentially greater.”

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.