The Tab’s November Gig Guide

With first semester deadlines becoming a crushing reality, there’s plenty of gigs to help procrastinate that little bit more. Here’s the Tab’s pick for the month

The Charlatans – Friday 8th – St. George’s Hall

As part of the Liverpool International Music Festival, indie legends The Charlatans top a bill including some of Liverpool’s finest up and comers. Riotous dance collective The Tea Street Band can boast guest DJs from Cream and Chibuku amongst their cohort, while By The Sea provide atmospheric indie-folk amongst others in the dozen-strong line-up.

Yuck –  Wednesday 13th – Shipping Forecast

The loss of frontman Daniel Blumberg hasn’t done anything to halt Yuck’s assault on the music industry. The Londoners’ revival of the melodic grunge of Dinosaur Jr and the deafening noise of My Bloody Valentine comes to The Shipping Forecast on the 13th, the perfect venue to ruin those eardrums.

Editors, British Sea Power – Monday 18th – O2

A double bill of two of the most underrated acts of the last decade, Editors and British Sea Power is perfect for fans of the intelligent side of indie-rock. While perhaps not the mainstream force they once were, both are still making incredible music and with their audiences honed to the dedicated they promise to impress live.

Gold Panda – Saturday 23rd – East Village Arts Club

Gold Panda is one of the most talented electronic artists of his generations, and a formidable live presence. Blending a depth of influences almost effortlessly, and with new album Half of Where You Live attracting similar acclaim to his debut, a rare live outing in Liverpool is not to be missed.

Wild Beasts – Tuesday 26th – O2 2

Embarking on a surprise four date small-venue tour, critics’ favourites Wild Beasts bring the wit of Morrissey, the eccentricities of art-rock and a melodic gift steeped in British tradition to the O2 Academy’s second room at the end of the month.

Crystal Fighters – Thursday 28th – East Village Arts Club

Tab favourites Crystal Antlers bring a slice of summery psychedelic pop to the Liverpool, and if their new album is anything to go by, it promises to be an anything goes occasion, with the band describing their sound to The Tab as “Modern, California, Expressionist”. The only way to really find out how their cacophony of styles is going to translate live is to head along to the EVAC.