Joy Orbison Returns to AbandonSilence

AbandonSilence comes to the East Village Arts Club

abandon silence east village arts club Evac joy orbison

AbandonSilence has been very busy this October. 

Occupying the East Village Arts Club and their old home The Shipping Forecast, Andrew Hill and co. have enjoyed performances from Krystal Klear, Paul Woolford and Ben UFO, as well as a sensational all night long special from Four Tet.

This Friday (25th November) AbandonSilence is back and after months of waiting Joy Orbison will finally grace the stage for a full length set.

We got in touch with founder and organiser Andrew Hill to get all the info about this special event.

“Tomorrow night we welcome three of the UK’s finest DJs, Joy Orbison, Pearson Sound and Fold, to East Village Arts Club.

“We have brought Joy Orbison back to Liverpool just a few months after he last played at our 3rd Birthday Party in June – unfortunately he only ended up playing for 45 minutes due to a train fire on his journey, meaning he was very late in arriving, literally running from a car onto stage.

Four Tet at AbandonSilence

“We felt it was right to invite him back to do it justice, so expect a huge headline set from him. Pearson Sound, one third of the team behind Hessle Audio, is also playing, his new single has just been released so expect to hear that at some point.

“Fold is a young producer we’ve had our eyes on for some time now since his debut single was released on George Fitzgerald’ ManMakeMusic label.  He will be doing the warm up for us, definitely one we’d recommend coming early for. Those names mixed in with Jess Doyle’s visuals and the legendary E.v.a.c. setting it should be a memorable party!”

Doors open at 10 with the party going on until 4. We recommend you arrive between 10:30 and 11 to avoid heavy queueing.

Earlybird and standard release have now sold out although there are still final release tickets available as well as 50 on the door (although we wouldn’t bet on those hanging around for long).

Visit their Facebook page for more information

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter