The Tab’s Essential Events Guide

Our guide to the biggest unmissable nights of the next week

abandon silence ben ufo chibuku disclosure freshers haus hospitality Juicy LDMS liverpool pause sante waxxx

EAT YOUR GREENS AND WAXXX PRESENT NEIGHBOURHOOD 20th Sept

Enjoying success with their respective nights last year, jungle specialists Eat Your Greens and Waxxx have teamed up to present ‘Neighbourhood’.

If the hype is to be believed, this partnership could be about to produce something special, promising to transform the formidable HAUS warehouse into a ‘desolate wasteland’ complete with abandoned shops, burnt out cars and run down saloon bars.

On top on this, the organizers have combined to produce a stellar line up. Eat Your Greens are presenting jungle veterans Serial Killaz, reggae/dub producer Stryda, reggae extraordinaire Danman and rising DJ and producer Murlo while Waxxx have lined up prolific trio of Zed Bias, Happa and Mickey Pearce. Be ready for some bass.

Chibuku Reopening Party: Disclosure 21st Sept

Chibuku is back and this one has the potential to be a highlight of the events calendar. Returning to their home of the East Village Arts Club, Chibuku have put together a mesmerizing line up, headlined by none other than the recently Mercury Music Prize nominated Disclosure. With support from heavy weight house names such as Justin Martin and Oneman as well as Liverpool University’s own Harry Sheehan, this is not one to miss.

Pause Vs. Juicy 26th Sept

Household names Pause and Juicy have teamed up to take over the Shipping Forecast for one night only. Juicy’s mix of hip hop, classic R&B and bashment with Pause’s blend of UK garage and old school house sets  this one up to be a superb night. £5 as well. Bargain.

Chibuku: Annie Mac 27th Sept

A week after their reopening party, Chibuku return to the EVAC to host dance music demigod Annie Mac supported by a mouth watering line up of B.traits & MC Juma, Bondax, Snake Hips, Tropics, Sweater Beats and Holly Lester. At only £15.65 for students this is surely a no brainer.

LDMS 2nd Birthday with Santé 1st Oct

After unprecedented success in their inaugural year, managing to book house names such Flashmob and Darius Syrossian, Liverpool Dance Music Society are back to celebrate their second birthday in style. With Santé, Gavin Herlihy and Josh Butler back to back with Jay Murt, this an essential event for any house fans.

AbandonSilence 3rd Oct

Surely one of the most legendary house nights to come out of Liverpool in recent years, AbandoneSilence is back for their third year. With huge names such as Four Tet, James Blake and Joy Orbison on bill last year, things are only looking up this group of dance music enthusiasts. Here they show no sign of slowing the pace as they have booked BEN UFO back to back with Paul Woolford in a 3 hour set. Again at the unique venue of the EVAC, only a few tickets are left for this one.

Chibuku Presents Hospitality 5th Oct

Perhaps one of the most well known drum n’ bass nights in the country, Hospitality arrives in Liverpool presented by Chibuku. Featuring Camo & Krooked, High Contrast, Fred & Grafix, Metrik and Cyantific this is an essential for any drum n’ bass fan. Be ready for a sweaty one.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter