We went to the new bubble tea shop and this is what it’s like

The novel-TEA cafe finally brings bubble tea to Lincoln

Stop whatever you’re doing immediately – yes even you fighting to finish your assessment before the upcoming deadline. Lincoln has gained a wonderful new cafe, unlike any that we currently have. Bubble Avenue is the latest cafe to pop up on Lincoln’s high streets and is the first cafe of its kind to settle here.

Bubble Avenue is located on Silver Street and is open every day from 11 am until 8 pm. However, if you want the real tea on the best times to go, their busiest hours (according to the employees – who were happy to talk to us about their own recommendations and the shop generally) are between 1 pm and 3 pm. The menu is super easy to navigate, with a handy key that notes everything from vegan friendly to popular options.

In the past week I have been to Bubble Avenue twice (yes, I do have an addiction to caffeine, I’m a third-year with ample deadlines). On the first trip, the queue extended out of the shop and onto the street – which was handy as I couldn’t decide for the life of me what to order. Everyone seemed rather excited, studying the menus harder than any exam prep they had ever been given. The thrill of bubble tea finally being available to Lincoln students worked its way to us as we waited for our turn to be served.

As I said, the staff were very welcoming and happy to offer their own suggestions on what to order. There are two main ‘types’ of tea available, the first is milk tea, which is often paired with sugar pearls. On my second visit to Bubble Avenue, I ordered Bubble Avenue milk tea with brown sugar pearls, and it was probably my favourite tea I’ve tried so far. The other option is fruit tea, which can come with the “popping” fruit flavoured pearls. These taste amazing (obviously, who doesn’t love fruity tea?) and are a perfect refreshing drink if you aren’t a fan of regular milk teas.

With every purchase, you can collect stamps on a loyalty card – the card itself is called a “bubbly card” which I think is just adorable – which you can then use to buy one free bubble tea. So, if you didn’t already have enough reasons to keep going back, now you have another. Bubble Avenue is also available on UberEats and Deliveroo, meaning if you really can’t escape the piles of revision or coursework, you don’t have to miss out on these delicious drinks.

If you want to keep up to date on all the bubble tea, follow their Instagram @bubbleavenue.bubbletealincoln

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations are available at the Engine Shed TOMORROW

A University of Lincoln student has tragically passed away

Beer gardens, graduation and makeshift beaches: Looking back on 2021 in Lincoln