Lincoln’s SU offers support to students ‘affected by the ongoing situation in the Middle East’

‘We would like to take the time to remind students of the support available at the Students’ Union and University.’

In an email to students, the University of Lincoln’s Students’ Union has reminded students of the support available to them from both the SU and university.

They said: “We are aware that some of our students may have been affected by the ongoing situation in the Middle East and we would like to take the time to remind students of the support available at the Students’ Union and University.

“There has been a lot of television and social media attention on this issue over the past week weeks, which we understand could be impacting the wellbeing and studies of our students in Lincoln and elsewhere. Additionally to this, we know that some students might have family or friends located in the affected areas.”

At least 230 Palestinians have been killed, according to Gaza health officials, and 12 in Israel have died. On May 21st, a ceasefire was called between Israel and Hamas, following 11 days of fighting. Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he welcomes “news of a ceasefire in Israel and Gaza.”

The SU continued: “At the Students’ Union, it’s important to us that all students know that they are part of our community and will always be represented and supported when they need it.”

Students who are struggling can contact the SU’s Advice Centre via [email protected] or by booking a virtual or in-person appointment. Student Wellbeing is also available offering support to students in need and you can contact them on [email protected] or 01522 886400.

If you or someone you know is struggling, please speak to someone or contact Samaritans on 116 123 at any time. You can also contact Anxiety UK on 03444 775 774, Mind on 0300 123 3393, and Calm (Campaign against living miserably, for men aged 15 to 35) on 0800 58 58 58.

You matter.