All of the mental health services available at Uni of Lincoln

It’s okay not to be okay

CW: Discussion of mental health

This week is Mental Health Awareness Week 2021. We have compiled a list of all the services available to students at the University of Lincoln, and how to access them during their studies.

Student Wellbeing

Student Wellbeing is open and is currently offering its drop-in service. Students can access this from Monday through Friday from 12pm to 2pm, and on a Thursday from 5pm to 7pm. If you wish to book a drop-in session, you can contact the Student Wellbeing Centre by emailing [email protected], or by calling them on 01522 886400.

Student Wellbeing is also offering Online Skills Groups for students online. There are groups of resilience, managing healthy relationships, anxiety, and confidence.

Student Support

Student Support is available to students on a range of issues. Their team of professionals are available to help with student enquiries regarding University systems and procedures, funding, fees and payments, housing, personal support and general advice and information.

Student Support offers practical help, advice and support, they can resolve issues and concerns, and make referrals to specialist staff if it is necessary.

Student Support can be contacted on 01522 837080[email protected], and can be found here on campus.

They are open Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 5 pm, and on Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.

Togetherall

Togetherall is an online community available 24/7 for people with low mental health. It is free to join for University of Lincoln students by using their student email. The website aims to provide support through peers, as well as offering professional support. They also offer resources and tools to allow students to help express themselves.

via @togetherall on Instagram

VP Wellbeing & Community

The Vice President of Wellbeing & Community focuses on issues regarding student wellbeing. This includes students’ mental, physical, and sexual health.

Personal Tutor

Every University of Lincoln student has their own personal tutor when they begin their studies. Personal tutors are there to help you on a range of issues you may have during your time at university, they can help offer you guidance or point you in the right direction to access further help.

Your lecturers

If you feel that you can’t speak to your personal tutor, you are able to email a lecturer or member of your course’s staff you trust. They will be more than happy to listen to you and give you advice if you are struggling.

If you or someone you know is struggling, please speak to someone or contact Samaritans on 116 123 at any time. You can also contact Anxiety UK on 03444 775 774, Mind on 0300 123 3393, and Calm (Campaign against living miserably, for men aged 15 to 35) on 0800 58 58 58.

You matter.