Your guide to smashing Lincoln Freshers’ Week

From Quack to coffee shops, we’ve got you covered

If you're a fresher coming to the University and the city of Lincoln for the first time this September, you might not be completely familiar with the city itself and what it has to offer. Lincoln is a small but wonderful place and there are many great things you can enjoy whilst here. From the best nights out to indulging in the city's sights, here's a guide on how you can make the most of your new city.

First and foremost, let's start with the partying – go to Quack

Since this is what most of you freshers are here to do, you'll probably be most interested in knowing where you can find a good night out and Quack is that place. Situated in Lincoln's largest music venue – The Engine Shed – Quack is one of the biggest and craziest nights out. Featuring a giant inflatable duck, a photobooth and two VKs for £4, honestly what more could you want?

Go to a gig or an event at The Engine Shed

Whilst we're on the subject of The Engine Shed, why not take advantage of having such a great music venue so close by and attend one of the many events hosted here. There is plenty going on all year round so you are bound to find something of interest to you – as well as music you will find comedy shows and Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair.

Explore Steep Hill

Steep Hill is definitely something you have to explore at least once this year. Unfortunately though, it is called Steep Hill for a reason but don't let that put you off. There are so many quaint little retail shops, bookshops and tearooms for you to enjoy that you won't find in any other city. And honestly once you reach the top, the view is completely worth all the effort it took to get there.

You have to see Lincoln Cathedral

Many of you might not be surprised to find that the Cathedral made the list, but it truly is one of the best sights to behold in Lincoln. If you find yourself needing a break from the constant partying of freshers week (which may be unlikely), why not have a wander up Steep Hill to admire the stunning architecture of the Cathedral. Even if you don't get the opportunity to go during freshers week just make sure you go at some point and make the most of having this amazing view right on your doorstep.

Take a trip to the coolest coffee shop in Lincoln

Coffee Aroma is a three – storey coffee shop located just off the High Street and it is well worth a visit. Its interior design is so quirky and unlike any other coffee place in Lincoln. There's such a chilled atmosphere inside so that when it comes down to studying (whatever that is), it makes it an even greater place to be.

And finally, Superbull

Photo credit: Superbull

Photo credit: Superbull

If you are looking for another great night out then Superbull is the place to be. A nightclub with multiple floors and music ranging from pop to indie, there is literally something everyone can enjoy here. And of course you have to get the obligatory photo with the bull.