We rise again: Lincoln moves up 11 places in uni rankings

Don’t act like you’re not impressed

course league table lincoln satisfaction Students uni

Lincoln has jumped up an impressive 11 places in The Guardian’s annual university rankings, released this week. 

This leaves us sitting 54th in the country after our dismal performance of 65th last year.

We’re now beating previous powerhouse universities like Liverpool, Huddersfield and Bangor.

We know we aren’t exactly up there with Cambridge or Oxford (first and second place respectively), but back in 2010 Lincoln sat in 89th place, showing a serious improvement.

AND we have swans

But it’s not all good news. We still unfortunately slide under close competitor Hull, as well as Gloucester and Brunel.

Our nearby East Midlanders Nottingham Trent also came top of us, slotting in the table at 51st place – and they’re a Poly.

Some of Lincoln’s highest ranking subjects according the table include Engineering, Agriculture and Media and Film Studies.

But the highest ranking of all was for Journalism, Publishing and Public Relations, that saw us sit at 5th place, well within the nation’s top 10.

Team journo are very happy with the results

Journalism Course Rep and first year student Danyal Khan said: “It’s awesome that our Journalism is fifth in the country.

“It’s a great course, and there’s so many opportunities for students.

“Hopefully it’ll be number one by the time I graduate.”

The figures also showed 86.2 per cent of Lincoln students are satisfied with their course, whilst 88.2 per cent are satisfied with the standards of teaching, so at least we’re happy about where we are.

Complain all you want, we’re pretty chuffed with our courses

A further 72.6 per cent of us are satisfied with the feedback received from tutors.

It’s a slightly more grim picture when you graduate though – only 65.7 per cent of Lincoln graduates found work in their career path within six months of leaving uni.

We might have a long way to go, but Lincoln will get there eventually.

We can comfort ourselves with the fact we aren’t at the very bottom of the table among Trinity St David, London Met and Bucks New University anyway.