Sad Ball: People are really upset at the Grad Ball line-up

‘You’ve made a mockery of F Scott Fitzgerald’

Lincoln SU last week announced the line-up for the 2015 ‘Great Grad Ball’ and to say students are disappointed would be an understatement.

The SU announced that the Great Gatsby themed event will be split into three rooms, and include DJ sets from Radio 1’s Huw Stephens, B.Traits (who?) and a live performance from The Hoosiers.

Held at The Engine Shed, the event costs a hefty £30 (£25 for early bird ticket – bought before the line-up was announced).

The price students have paid will also go towards to cost of funding the live acts, as well as a photobooth and fairground rides but doesn’t include a sit down meal.

Grumpy third years have vented their frustrations on the event’s Facebook page.

Others have questioned where their money is going.

For most graduating students, this will be their only ball unless they’re part of a sports team or society. This year’s Sports Ball is being held at the same venue and is £25, yet their price also includes a three course meal and bottles of wine on the tables.

Journalism third year Elise Wilkins said: “This is our only ball and it is shit. Who thought it would be a good idea to ring up The Hoosiers and get them to perform?

“If someone could explain it all, that’d be great.”