Lancaster University Pharmacy closes today for Easter

Students unable to get to another pharmacy can ask university security for help with their prescriptions

Lancaster University Pharmacy is changing owners and will be closed from today as a result.

This may cause continuity issues for students with repeat prescriptions as their nominated pharmacy will need to be changed.

In an email to students, college staff explained that a new owner would be taking over the pharmacy on campus from the 31st of March and whilst they are setting up, it will be closed from 1st April until after Easter.

The pharmacy is set to reopen on the 8th of April.

The email stressed that those in urgent need of a prescription who cannot get to another pharmacy could ask the university security to help with collecting prescriptions.

LUSU’s students with disabilities officer, Molly, announced the news last week on Instagram, stating that if students’ prescriptions are due on or after the first of April, they must call up the GP and change the nominated pharmacy. If students have already attempted this and their prescription was cancelled, they should have the prescription ordered by calling their GP.

Via. @ludisforum on Instagram

If you are still in Lancaster and need your nominated pharmacy changed, there are alternative pharmacies available:

Dalton Square Pharmacy Dalton Square, St Nicholas Arcades, Lancaster LA1 1PL 01524 32310

Boots Lancaster Gate, 14-16, St Nicholas Arcades, Lancaster LA1 1NB 01524 64547

Rosebank Pharmacy Galgate Health Centre, Highland Brow, Galgate LA2 0NB 01524 752881

Related articles recommended by this writer

First class Lancaster student faces 73-year wait until he officially graduates 

‘We are committed to free speech’: Transphobic Lancfessions Reborn posts continue

The Sugarhouse is going to be renamed