King's College London world ranking 2024

King’s College London maintains its place for another year in new world university ranking

This makes the university the seventh best in the UK

King’s College London has maintained its place at 40th for another year in a new world university ranking released today.

QS released its 2025 world university rankings this morning which placed King’s College London in 40th position globally, tied with The University of Queensland. It also retained its seventh place in the UK rankings, ahead of neighbouring university LSE.

Impressively, KCL makes it six years in a row as the second best university in the world for nursing and breaks into the top five for dentistry.

Since King’s peak in 2015 which placed the institution at 15th in global rankings, King’s has faced an unfortunate steady decline in the QS global rankings, stagnating at 40th place for the second year running.

The annual QS World University Rankings, which considers 90 UK universities, has revealed that over half of British universities have experienced a decline in ratings this year, amidst financial pressures and political challenges.

This includes three in the top five, but many lower-ranked institutions are slipping due to funding issues and growing competition from Asia.

Considering these challenges, ranking 40th out of 1,503 institutions and across 104 locations is an impressive position.

However, King’s is still a few spots away from some other London neighbours, with UCL keeping their 9th place for a second year and Imperial College London making a climb to 2nd place globally – exceeding Oxbridge.

To see the full rankings in more detail click here.