Twenty-year-old woman raped in West End park

The attack happened in the early hours of Friday morning

Hide Images

A young woman has been raped in Victoria Park in Glasgow’s West End.

The attack took place between 1am and 2am on Friday morning. Police investigators cordoned off an area surrounding the pond while forensic teams combed the scene. Investigations are still ongoing.

Victoria Park is located near Scotstoun Rugby Stadium, near the Partick area where a lot of university students live. This incident follows an increasing number of sexual assaults in Glasgow in recent years, such as those reported near Kelvin Way.

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said: “Police Scotland received a report of a serious sexual assault on a 20-year-old woman in Victoria Park, Glasgow, between 1am and 2am on Friday, May 12.

“Enquiries are currently ongoing to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the incident.”

In response to the rise in sexual violence crimes, Glasgow City Council and The Tab Glasgow are still working to increase awareness and improve precautionary measures. Our campaign to ‘Light Up Kelvin Way’ is now more important than ever for protecting local young people in light of Friday’s events.

Kelvin Way

You can still sign our petition here. Over 1,800 people have signed our petition since October.

If anyone has any information about this incident they are urged to contact Police Scotland immediately.