We asked the GUCFS male models important life questions

GUU or QMU?

It’s finally that time when Glasgow Uni hosts the social event of the year.

With only a week to go until Horizon 2017, the Glasgow University Charity Fashion show (GUCFS), we’re sure you’re all wondering what will be modelled and by who.

Kyle, Charlie and Ossian

Apart from that, we’re sure you’re also wondering what the models really think about Glasgow: where they like to eat, go clubbing and what their favourite union is. You’ll probably already be familiar with these faces, however, there’s more to these lads than catwalks and shoots. We’re bringing you up close and personal, because let’s face it, they’ll be too busy strutting their stuff and prepping behind the scenes to chat to guests.

From left to right: Nickel, Michael, Ossian, Kyle and Charlie

Read on to discover the answers to these all-important life questions and to see some pictures from the boys’ shoot with MacGregor & MacDuff. We also spoke to two of the members of the hard-working team behind the show, which is raising funds for SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) this year.

The GUCFS team

While the models may be the face of the fashion show, it wouldn’t be possible without all the hard graft from the GUCFS squad. Here are two fashionistas who find the clothes, fit the models and will be backstage during GUCFS.

Raphaella (Womenswear) and Eilidh (Menswear)

Both gals spend their time finding designers and collecting the clothes which will be showcased. Some of the designers to be features are Wacker Slater suits, MacGregor & Macduff, and some graduate fashion lines from Central St. Martin Fashion School. These two are most excited to see everything come together and the mad afterparty to come. Spoiler alert: there will be model airplanes…

The male models

Ossian

GUU or QMU?

GUU.

Favourite Glasgow restaurant?

El Gusto Gisbon.

Favourite Glasgow Club?

Kushion, but it’s been a long time since my clubbing days.

What are you most looking forward to at GUCFS?

The hectic feel and adrenaline of the show.

Charlie

GUU or QMU? 

GUU.

Favourite Glasgow restaurant? 

Taco Mazama.

Favourite Glasgow Club? 

Hive.

What are you most looking forward to at GUCFC?

Getting out of my comfort zone.

Nickel

GUU or QMU?

GUU.

Favourite Glasgow restaurant? 

Mother India as I used to work there.

Favourite Glasgow Club? 

Subclub.

The afterparty at SWG3 as my mates are hosting it.

Kyle

GUU or QMU?

QMU.

Favourite Glasgow restaurant? 

Bread Meats Bread.

Favourite Glasgow Club?

Hive.

Wearing the pieces from the designers.

Michael

GUU or QMU?

GUU.

Favourite Glasgow restaurant? 

I don’t have a favourite, just Chinese food in general.

Favourite Glasgow Club? 

Viper.

Probably the afterparty.

It was lovely chatting to all those working hard for a great night and a great cause. If you’d like to donate to SAMH before the show, please visit the GUCFS Facebook page. If you’ve not already grabbed a ticket, they’re selling out fast so don’t waste any time.

Oh, and remember to dress to impress to be featured in our Glasgow Uni’s Best Dressed: GUCFS edition.