Glasgow’s GHK rugby club to strip naked for calendar

Get an eyeful of this

To show support for Breast Cancer Care, the GHK rugby boys are planning on stripping off for a naked calendar.

The rugby boys plan to bare all

The calendar has been sponsored by local West End businesses and will also raise money for Rugby charity Hearts and Balls and the Beatson Cancer charity. Last year’s naked calendar was a smash hit.

Before this, though, the club is to wear pink socks when they play Cartha Queen’s Park on Friday night. The game will further raise awareness for the breast cancer charity.

Captain Hugh Parker, GHK’s number eight, said: “We have identified these charities as they are three close to our heart for a number of reasons.

“There’s a great community at the club and we can use that to raise money for people who need it most. Hopefully we’ll have a big crowd down on Friday night, all looking pretty in pink!

“A win will help us all feel a little better about embarrassing ourselves [in the calendar].”

Rona Grierson, Breast Cancer Care’s community fundraising manager, said: “We would like to say a big thank you to everyone at GHK for their support in choosing Breast Cancer Care Scotland as one of their official charity partners for the 2016/17 season.

“We really are delighted to work together to raise vital funds. Thanks to their generosity we will be able to support more people with breast cancer in Scotland when they need us most.”

You can buy a GHK naked calendar at www.ghkrfc.com when it’s published. Kick off for Friday’s game is at 7.30pm.