Murderer Pacteau was ‘self-loathing, he knew he was an animal’

The killer had been caught searching pals’ mum’s underwear drawer

breaking bad karen buckley killer murder murderer pacteau sanctuary

Former friends of the evil murderer have revealed disturbing details painting a depraved picture of a twisted loner.

The 6ft 4 monster even told an ex-colleague dissolving a body in acid would be “the perfect murder” five months before the horrific incident.

An unnamed pal told the Daily Record: “Alex Pacteau was very shy infront of girls, particularly attractive girls. He had self-hatred and knew he was unattractive.

“He was self-loathing, he knew he was an animal.”

Another claimed the 21-year-old became known as “a liar, thief and bully” and was caught red-handed snooping through the underwear drawer of a friends’ mum at a house party.

They are said to be “very disturbed” at what their former friend has done.

A disquieting photo shows Pacteau in a Sanctuary booth on what is believed to be the night before the sickening killing.

Pacteau staring blankly at Sanctuary photographer

George Taylor, who worked with Pacteau at a furniture business, told The Evening Times: “He said The perfect murder would be to kill someone and then get rid of their body in a barrel of acid.

“We just thought that’s Alex going again, talking a load of shite. We thought it was from Breaking Bad.

“I felt sick to the bottom of my stomach when I found out what he did. He had every one of us fooled.

“We spent four years together, five days a week. We called him the gentle giant.

“I had to take a week off work because I was having nightmares.”

The monster repeatedly hit Karen Buckley with a heavy spanner and throttled her neck in his car after leaving The Sanctuary nightclub on April 12.

He then eroded the 24-year-old nurses’ body in a barrel of acid at Craigton farm near Milngavie.

Karen’s devastated father John Buckley said: “The last face she saw and the last voice she heard was of that cold-blooded, cowardly murderer.

“Karen was murdered by a cowardly, vicious criminal – he is truly evil. We hope that he will spend the rest of his life behind bars.”

Pacteau has been placed in a special ward in Barlinnie prison because of numerous death threats made against him.

He will be sentenced on September 8 and faces a mandatory life sentence.