They tried to ban me from the library for stealing two sheets of PAPER

‘The paper wasn’t even for me. I was getting it for my friend’

When English second year Jo Craigton came to revise in the library last Saturday, she could never have imagined the nightmare that would follow. 

The unassuming 20-year-old began her evening’s work with friends on Level Six but needed a few sheets of paper, so quietly slipped some out of a nearby printer.

At that moment, a security guard caught her in the act and threatened her with expulsion and a permanent ban from the library.

Does this look like the face of a criminal to you?

Terrified Jo said: “I was so confused. He said he would normally have to escort me out.

“The worst part is, the paper wasn’t even for me. I was getting it for my friend.”

Jo’s mate was also cautioned on the dangers of manipulating others, as the English second year added: “She got told off for getting her friends to do things for her.

“I think she felt pretty powerful being able to manipulate someone in to committing a crime.”

The criminal returns to the library for the first time since the event

The unfortunate incident has resulted in the young rebel being afraid to return to the library during exam period.

The real victim

Jo, who already owes at least £25 in late fees, said: “I’m the real victim here. I just tried to help my pal, and now I’m on the run from the po.”