Cali girl turned Jihadi Bride denies recruiting London girls

Her family’s lawyer say she is a ‘sacrificial lamb’

Aqsa Mahmood, the former Glasgow Cali student, who fled to Syria in 2013, has denied recruiting three London girls to the Islamic State.

According to the BBC, the parents of Mahmood, Khalida and Muzaffar Mahmood had been in contact with Aqsa just last week They denied that she had had any contact with the girls from Bethnal Green.

Her mother claims that she is ”very loving” and has made a ”big mistake”.

Mr Mahmood said to the BBC: “She sent us a message last week, maybe last week or the week before, regarding these girls (from Bethnal Green).

“The media was saying that she is the one who recruited. She said she doesn’t even know their names, how can you believe what they are writing?”

He added: “She wasn’t in contact with these girls and now the media are saying that she was in contact with them, that she was the one who recruited.

“We feel it wasn’t her. It’s other people doing it. It wasn’t her at all. She was very angry with me.”

According to him, her Twitter account stopped tweeting back in November 2014.

Apparently, one of the London girls had sent Aqsa a message on the social media site. But Mr Mahmood has denied his daughter ever replied to the message.

”She never replied to her. She never replied her back and that’s what we want to know. Tell us, show us the evidence if she did.

“Her account is closed so she told us that she wasn’t in touch with any of them, she doesn’t even know their names.”

The couple’s solicitor has argued that British authorities have a lot of questions to answer, over who exactly is responsible for helping young people into Syria.

He then went on to claim that Aqsa Mahmood is a ”sacrificial lamb”.

He said: “If Aqsa Mahmood is the Isis poster girl responsible for recruitment and radicalisation, I am astonished that the British authorities have not contacted the Turkish authorities to say that there are other girls that may be in danger.

“Surely the British authorities would want to know who were the other girls that were with Aqsa because that would take them back to who recruited and radicalised and provided the practical assistance for teenagers to leave this country and go and join Isis.

“There’s no point in the assistant commissioner (of the Metropolitan Police) dangling the name, the sacrificial lamb, of Aqsa Mahmood, at a home affairs select committee, and then for the family not to know who is actually providing the assistance.”

Mahmood has already written an ISIS guide for widows.

Her parents have previously said that Aqsa was a disgrace to the family, when it was first claimed that their daughter was helping the Bethnal Green girls to Syria.

In a statement at the time they said that they were “full of horror and anger that their daughter may have had a role to play in the recruitment of these young girls to Isis”.

In a direct message to Aqsa, they said: “You are a disgrace to your family and the people of Scotland, your actions are a perverted and evil distortion of Islam.

“You are killing your family every day with your actions, they are begging you stop if you ever loved them.”