RockNess cancelled for the second year running

We’re all gutted

Organisers have today confirmed RockNess is cancelled for the second year on the trot.

The festival, which in its heyday attracted around 35,000 people per year, was cancelled in 2014 due to clashes with the World Cup and the Commonwealth Games.

But organisers assured us eager to party Scots that the festival would be making a return this year, pledging that it would be “even bigger and better than ever in 2015”.

And what’s better than being described as: “Well better than T”?

The second largest festival in Scotland behind T in the Park has reportedly been cancelled for financial reasons with a spokesperson claiming they are: “unable to compete with larger events”.

Previous huge names at the festival include Daft Punk and Fatboy Slim

This is a huge blow for the Highlands, for which the festival was a huge source of income.

Having previously won the award for “Best Small Festival” at the NME awards the cancellation looks like a final defeat for RockNess.

Looks like Strathallan Castle; the new location of T in the Park, has more than just it’s own legacy to live up to, with RockNess punters likely to travel to Perthshire in search of a replacement festival.