The Exeter Tab is looking for writers and we want YOU!

Come to our open meeting on Tuesday! There might be free stash involved…

With autumn term well underway here at Exeter, we’re on the hunt for some new writers to join our team. Whether you’re an aspiring journalist, comedy writer, film maker or just have a great knowledge of memes, we want you!

We’re holding an open meeting for new and old writers on Tuesday 28th September at 5pm in the Ram.

So what exactly is The Tab?

The Tab is a student media platform made up of local teams spanning across the UK. The Tab gets millions of monthly readers, and Tab alumni have gone on to work for major news publications around the world such as Cosmopolitan, The Times, and VICE. Recently, one of our writers landed a role at The BBC after winning their student journalist of the year competition.

We report a vast number of stories at the Exeter Tab. From Fashion in the Forum, to covering breaking news such as the unexploded WW2 bomb found on campus, to matters of great importance such as The seven types of Exeter boys you’ll find on Tinder.

By writing for us you also start to build your online profile and add to your CV, which is essential when applying for internships and future jobs. Absolutely no experience in writing is needed! We also host regular socials, which are a great way to meet new people. What more could you want?

We hope to see many of you at The Ram next Tuesday 28th at 5pm. If you can’t make it, just get drop us a message if you’re interested and we’ll get you writing!

See our Facebook event for more details.