Exact plans for four weeks of staff strikes at Exeter released

Give me my money back

Hide Images

The Students Guild have released their stance on the planned action Exeter University staff are due to take in opposition to proposed changes to the pension schemes that a majority of staff are enrolled in.

This move encompasses a total of 14 days of escalating strike action across four weeks, starting Thursday 22nd February.

This is the full plan for the strikes:

Week one – Thursday 22 and Friday 23 February (two days)

Week two – Monday 26, Tuesday 27 and Wednesday 28 February (three days)

Week three – Monday 5, Tuesday 6, Wednesday 7 and Thursday 8 March (four days)

Week four – Monday 12, Tuesday 13, Wednesday 14, Thursday 15 and Friday 16 March (five days)

In the statement the Guild state: "The Student's Guild is aware of the situation and is concerned by the likely impact this will have on students at Exeter, especially those who are in their final year or who teach as part of their studies."

"The Guild is sympathetic to the views of both sides of the dispute, and hopes that an agreement will be reached quickly with minimal impact on all students."

"The Guild intends to hold both parties to account for any impact on the Exeter student experience, working hard to ensure that any impact is mitigated against and monitoring the situation as it develops."

The university is yet to make a statement.