Exeter ranks in the top 200 universities globally

Over 900 unis were included in the rankings

In the QS World Rankings released today, Exeter has been ranked 164th best University globally with a score of 52.1. This means that Exeter has fallen three spots, sharing a spot with France’s Centralesupelec.

Released annually, the QS World Rankings rate Universities according to research, teaching, employability and internationalisation (how well Universities attract students and teachers from overseas). This year, 940 Universities from across the World were included in its ratings.

In last year’s rankings,  Exeter came in 161st place with a score of 59.5 but this year saw a major decline in Academic Reputation, falling from 52 last year to 43.2 this year giving a global ranking of 220. Employer Reputation fell to 62.6 and a ranking of 147 and the ratio of students per faculty also rose giving a score of 337.

The amount of work from Exeter’s faculties cited by other academics declined giving it a ranking of 160, with the number of students from overseas also declining to 85.7 and a rank of 120. The only area to grow was the proportion of international faculty members, rising from 85.2 last year to 88.3 this year.

View the full rankings here.