We went on a three-legged night out and it was awful

It wasn’t as fun as it sounds

noad

With Exeter’s incredibly limited nightlife, we’re always looking for ways to make a night out more fun. After trying (and failing at) basically every drinking game under the sun, we decided to give something a little bit more physically challenging a go.

Tying yourself to your best firend for a night out initially sounds fun, and surely it can’t be that hard to walk? At least it means you won’t lose them for half the night either…

But after trying it ourselves, we can confirm that it is literally the worst idea ever.

In the beginning, everything seems fine. You’re just chilling at a friends having pre drinks, yes your legs are tied together, but that’s not really an issue when you’re sitting on a sofa.

Then comes the inevitable walk to the club, which after about half a litre of vodka, is near impossible.

Everything seemed fine in the beginning 

Do you know how hard it is to stumble down a road in a coordinated manner? Being tied to a drunk person is awful, and it’s a miracle if one of you doesn’t fall over.

Dancing is even harder. The most you can really manage is an awkward side step and some sort of vague motion with your arms, and if one of you falls, the other does too.

Pulling while tied to another human being is also a bit of a struggle, and very awkward for your third wheeling friend who has to stand and wait for you to finish.

Then comes the trip to the loos. Luckily, as girls this isn’t too awkward, we’re used to sharing cubicles and peeing in front of each other, but the trek up the stairs is terrible, and walking down them is even worse.

Finally, it’s time to grab some food and head home. Balancing your cheesy chips while synchronised walking with someone else is bound to end in some sort of casualty, so it’s best at this point to untie yourselves and finally go your separate ways.

Three-legged nights out are definitely one of the worst ideas we’ve ever had, so we advise you not to try it, unless of course you enjoy the awkwardness of spending a whole night attached to a friend.