Exeter Uni’s Mr Pringle named one of the top LGBT execs in the UK

He’s the one who banned Varsity due to student’s ‘anti-social behaviour’

Fondly remembered for sending students letters to apologise for noise they made themselves and subsequently banning Varsity due to “anti-social behaviour“, COO Geoff Pringle has gone from ruffling the feathers of Exeter students to being named as one of the most influential LGBT executives in business today.

The award winning face of Mr Pringle.

Ranking an impressive 43rd in the Out at Work top 50, Geoff was pleased with the news.

He said: “I am delighted and honoured to have been both nominated, and selected, to be a part of this list.

“It is a testament to the hard work and dedication shown by colleagues and students throughout the university which make Exeter a vibrant, inclusive and enjoyable experience for everyone.”

Geoff at one of his important COO meetings

The news comes soon after Exeter University was ranked 176th on the Stonewall top 200 employers in Britain for LGBT staff.

The index is based on a range of key indicators which include a confidential questionnaire of lesbian, gay and bisexual staff, with more than 9,700 participants nationwide.

After joining the Stonewall Diversity Champoins Programme in August 2013, Exeter has quickly climbed the rankings to it’s position in the top 200.

Geoff chilling