Are you a CaSTASHtrophe?

The Tab presents you with the definitive guide to the do’s and don’t of wearing stash

Purple the tab the tab exeter

The purple peril

The Exeter equivalent of Ryan Giggs wearing a Liverpool shirt or David Cameron donning a red tie on Election Day.

It’s just not acceptable, it never has been – and it never will be.

Peacocks like this must be avoided at all costs

Beaters by name, beaters by nature

Allegedly taking its origins from the show COPS, the ‘wife-beater’ denotes a testosterone-fuelled male, usually wearing said vest, often found guilty of domestic violence.

However, so long as the aggressive nature is reserved for pumping iron only, the beater can be an essential part of any gym addict’s attire.

It’s also a cliché way of showing you took a gap year

Alcatrash?

Made famous by the inmates of Alcatraz, it seems strange prison attire should find its way into the wardrobe of any true stash junkie.

However, their versatility makes them prime for both post-TP hanging and casual days on campus. The real clincher with sweatpants is the ‘Boxer Boundary.’

The ‘Boxer Boundary’ explained

Size matters

An age-old conundrum. Gone are the days where your parents buy clothes for you to “grow into.”

You may think wearing a tight shirt making your arms look bigger, but it’s probably just revealing that guilty Timepiece burger habit.

Arms like this need to be kept well hidden

A game of two halves

We all have a friend who lives in stash, don’t we? I’ll freely admit I’m only curing my personal addiction now in third year.

There’s that unwritten rule: one half or the other in stash.

So you’ve stuck the trackies on because you fancy a slouch, but avoid donning your club hoody as well.

Nobody wants to look like Kukri’s thrown up on you.

A classic case of Kukri-itis

Doing ones-self justice

Too many pints down in Timepiece, the last thing that may be noticed is the crease line in your chinos or the neatly-tied tie or the well-ironed shirt.

However, it’s a matter of personal pride, and pride in the way you represent your club. So sort out that stash and do your club justice.

Little touches like this are greatly appreciated