Edinburgh and Napier Students’ Associations announce new partnership

Aiming to ‘enrich the Napier student experience’ with ‘full access’ to EUSA spaces

The Students’ Associations of Edinburgh University (EUSA) and Edinburgh Napier (ENSA) have announced a partnership commencing later this month.

The partnership means that Napier students will have full access to EUSA spaces, events and hospitality.

The collaboration now grants Napier students “full access to Edinburgh University’s Students’ Association spaces, events and hospitality offerings.

This initiative hopes to enrich the Napier student experience by expanding access to events and spaces in Edinburgh, providing more social options and opportunities.”.

From club nights in Potterrow to open mics at Pleasance, the student events offered by the Edinburgh University Students’ Association are now priced the same for students at both universities.

Edinburgh Napier does not have a purpose built student union, instead they have: “concentrated our energies on improving societies, sports clubs, student representation, student advice and support.”. They currently have a partnership with Three Sisters who dedicate a space for Napier students as well as a number of sports clubs where they can enjoy deals on drinks and food.

The move has been welcomed by students, Rebecca Allen, a third year Digital Media and Interaction Design student at Napier told The Tab: “[the collaboration] would be so good for Napier students in general, in particular I’m thinking Pleasance use for societies would be incredible.

Napier students will now have full access to EUSA owned spaces

I think it could go really well – it also might just not make any real changes but I would be hopeful that they’re planning some big joint events.”.

John Rappa, Vice President of Activities & Services for EUSA said: “We are delighted to be partnering with ENSA and welcoming more Napier students to our venues. We are proud of our varied events programme and our great value food and drink offering and are looking forward to enjoying it all together.”.

Evans Eghan, ENSA President (Societies & Community) commented: “This partnership between ENSA and EUSA marks an exciting new chapter of collaboration, creating fantastic new opportunities for all our students.

By coming together, we can offer our students access to more diverse social spaces and activities and create an interconnecting student community across the city.”.

Related Articles recommended by this writer: