University of Edinburgh gift shop is now selling branded flares

The flares feature a University of Edinburgh logo so you can show off your true yah-self

The University of Edinburgh’s gift shop is now selling Edinburgh Uni-branded flares –  the wardrobe staple of any self-respecting Edinburgh yah.

The black flared trousers feature a white University of Edinburgh round logo on the front, because what else says Edinburgh Uni like a pair of flares.

They are priced at £30 a pair and are available to buy on the University Gift Shop’s website, in the merchandise store on Bristo Square, as well as in the EUSA shops in Potterrow, 40 George Square basement, and (of course) Pollock Halls!

One reviewer has already rated them five stars and commented that they’re “very comfortable and stylish” and that they’re “great for chilling at home or walking around campus”.

The uni-branded flares are currently only available in black – however, they are being sold in a wide range of gender-neutral sizes from an extra small to an extra extra large.

The gift shop website suggests pairing them with an oversized Edinburgh-branded sweatshirt “for the perfect fashionable but comfortable Main Library study outfit”. Although we’d suggest wearing them with anything leopard print, a North Face puffer, and Fila Disruptors for the true Edin-yah vibe.

They feature a small, discreet pocket at the top – perfect for stashing your baccy in so you never loose it during those Main Lib smoking area revision-break cigs.

The flares would make a one-of-a-kind birthday 0r graduation present to give your friends for a fitting way to remember Edinburgh Uni.

Surely, it’s only a matter of time before they’ll be a must-have item for all Pollock girlies? Keep your eye out for this new SS22 staple in the JMCC, the queue for Bongo’s on a Tuesday night, and the Sainsbury’s on Marchmont Road

The flares are just one of dozens of meme-worthy Edinburgh Uni-branded merch items that have been sold by the gift shop – including a signet ring, a cheeseboard, a £100 crystal whisky decanter, and a range of Fjallraven Kanken-inspired backpacks.

The Edinburgh Tab has also previously reported on the uni selling items in its own branded tweed pattern as well as several enamel pins of uni buildings including McEwan Hall, Main Lib, and Appleton Tower.

In leaning into this Edinburgh student-trend, you might be wondering what items will be being sold in the gift shop soon. We’re hoping they start selling some Edinburgh Uni-branded skinny scarves, chunky trainers, or maybe even a sweater vest or two!

PS: you should probably check the date now…

Recommended related articles by this writer

• You can now buy a library pin as a memento of the hours you spent there

• Edinburgh Uni reach peak Edinburgh Uni and release their own official tweed

• Remember the library pin? The Appleton pin is here and 2020 has been saved