Quiz: Plan a night out and we’ll tell you which Edinburgh club you should go to

Should you Hive ’til Five, Viva La Cowgate, or go for a spin in the Gari’s pole?

For the first time in nearly 18 months, we can finally go clubbing again. It’s time to dust off your dancing shoes and hit the dance floor once more. Yes, you are the Dancing Queen – although you’re maybe not 17 anymore.

You’ve assembled your squad, you’ve made the playlist for pres, and even maybe got vaxxed for the occasion. After all, we all know it’s entirely possible the coronavirus began life in a sticky corner of one of Edinburgh’s duttier clubs.

But let’s face it, it’s been such a long time, you’re probably a bit rusty on your knowledge of Edinburgh clubbing – and can’t decide between a Bourbon blow-out or a night at Why Not.

Or, maybe even worse, you’re a new fresher or second year who hasn’t yet stepped foot inside a single Edi club.

Something I’m sure we all love about Edinburgh nightlife is the sheer variety of different clubs you can go to. Fancy some cheesy tunes? Go to Hive, Subway, or Gari’s. DnB more your thing? Head down to Cowgate for somewhere like Sneaky Pete’s or Cab Vol. Want to get all dressed up for a classic, mainstream kinda night? Why Not or Bourbon is the place to be.

But if you’re overwhelmed by all these options – or simply don’t even know where to start – then take this quiz to find out which club matches your vibe on a night out.

Are you a boujee bitch? Maybe you’re a bit basic? Or, you could just be a general gremlin. Edinburgh nightlife has something for everyone. And this quiz will tell you where to go!

Recommended related articles by this writer

• What your first post-lockdown Edinburgh night out says about you

• Here’s a list of all the Edinburgh clubs reopening next week

Final year students tell us about their accidental last night out in Edinburgh