Image may contain: Shelf, Bakery, Shop, Sweets, Food, Confectionery, Person, Human

Say hello to the new zero waste corner in DHT Shop

All our sustainability dreams have come true

This morning a new 'zero waste corner' was opened in DHT Shop.

Packaging and single-use plastic free, the corner boasts a large selection of products, including grains, nuts and dried fruits, as well as eco-products such as soap, washing powder and toilet paper.

If you're having trouble fitting in at Edinburgh Uni, the corner also offers Chilly's water bottles in just about every pattern you can think of.

Image may contain: Armory, Weapon, Weaponry, Hardwood, Shop, Shelf, Wood, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing, Footwear, Shoe

The opening of this new corner aligns with the University's aims to be single-use plastic free by 2030, as well as to commit students to "waste less, reuse more and recycle effectively".

EUSA Vice Presidents Rosheen Wallace and Beth Fellows told The Edinburgh Tab: "This is a project and student initiative we began working on as soon as we came into office. Reducing single use plastic is a key issue across the University.

"We know people are changing their shopping habits, so we wanted to make things easier. We owe a huge thank you to the Students' Association staff and The Department for Social Responsibility at the University for their ongoing support and hard work in bringing this about.

"We are so excited to see this go from idea to reality in the space of just a couple of months. We can't wait to see how it takes off with students and staff."

Image may contain: Table, Hardwood, Shop, Plywood, Tabletop, Furniture, Human, Person, Wood

Joining other business efforts around Edinburgh working towards a greener future, EUSA now brings a sustainable and responsible shopping option to our campus.

Why not drop by David Hume to buy some products in bulk after your lecture? Don't forget your empty containers and reusable shopping bag!