Join The Tab!
Have you got what it takes to write for Durham’s most popular news source?
Want to write stuff that students will actually read? Well now you can.
With over 100,000 readers a month there has never been a better time to join the Tab’s team and we’re only looking to get bigger.
Here are some of the best reasons to join us that other student newspapers simply cannot offer:
- We’ve broken some massive scoops this term, including some that have made the national press
- We have a London office staffed by former Tab writers who teach the dark arts of journalism and make you even more employable
- They also land you work experience and jobs at places like The Sun, Buzzfeed and the Telegraph, not to mention Tab HQ itself.
- We’ll not only help you get in to do a journalism masters at City University, we might even pay for half of it
- Big dogs in the media world bloody love us, including the editors of The Sun, BuzzFeed and the Mail on Sunday.
- We’ll invite you to our regular socials, our massive summer party and the semi-legendary Tab Christmas curry.
- If you’re really good, you can even get paid
- You don’t need any experience, we’ll make you into a great journalist, and give you a Tab t-shirt
We’re always on the lookout for talented and enthusiastic writers who are keen to get stuck in and write a variety of news, features, fashion, sports and argument, or just stick to one section.
Let us know and we’ll bring you on board, show you the ropes and you’ll be a budding journalist in no time.
No experience necessary.
How do I apply?
To apply, submit a short paragraph to [email protected] telling us why you’d be a good pick and answers to the following questions:
- What are your favourite and least favourite things about The Tab?
- Give us a great article idea that we haven’t done yet.
- Pick a recent article on The Tab and come up with an amusing headline for it.
Applications close at noon on Friday the 31st of October