Summer Street Style

Thanks to the gorgeous sunny weather we’ve been having, town was teeming with tiny shorts this week. EMILY BENTON takes to the streets, this time to spot some of Durham’s most marvellous examples of Summer fashion.

durham fashion street style summer Tab

Rachel and Rachael

Colourful prints were a huge trend last season and is one that continues to thrive this summer. So, Rachel and Rachael from St. Mary’s seem to really know what they’re talking about when it comes to clothes and they hit it out of the park in their gorgeous girly outfits. In particular, Rachael’s beautiful maxi and off-the-shoulder crop top combo is BANG ON in terms of high street fashion this season and we also love how she’s styled her hair in a chic updo. Great job all round girls!

Double Act: Rachel and Rachael from St Mary’s, looking like the perfect Summer duo!

Charlie

Our boys were looking just as sassy in their sunglasses and we stumbled across Charlie Greenwood, from St Aidan’s College, looking as fresh as a daisy in his coloured Ray-Bans. We gave Charlie’s printed tee a big thumbs up, which he has paired with what he tells us is his favourite jungle-themed footwear!

Charlie Greenwood, aka. Ant & Dec Saturday Night Takeaway Sensation, stands out of the crowd in much-loved leopard plimsolls.

Julia

Julia, from Collingwood, looks beautiful in her jumper and skirt combo, which together showcases two front-running trends for Summer 2014. We love the effortlessly chic pastel knit, which she has teemed with a neon floral skirt to create an outfit which is full of colour. Keep a look out for these fun candy shades in the shops this season!

Julia represents Collingwood, in a stunning plethora of colour. We love the neon skirt, girl!

Tunde

On the bridge, we spotted Tunde from Van Mildert, looking absolutely fabulous. We love the colour contrast between his shorts and pastel shirt. Take note boys – florals was universally one of the Top 7 Male Trends from Spring 2014 and so is sure to be one major fashion winner now that we’re into summer!

Tunde, Van Mildert, looks fabulous in coloured shorts and pastel shirt.

Vicki

Waisted shorts are totally in this summer, and Vicki from Josephine Butler gives us a perfect example in her statement studded hotpants. We love the black and gold theme that runs throughout her entire outfit, which really showcases the embellishment on the shorts. So chic, Vicki!

Vicki rocks coordinated-chic in statement black and gold shorts.

Elvin

Last but not least, we stopped Elvin, who looks confidently casual in washed out jeans and a polo shirt. We especially loved his incredible aviator jacket, which is undoubtedly a swanky statement, appropriate for all times of the year!

Elvin, a Law student at St. Mary’s, keeps it casual in washed out jeans and a polo.

With just a couple more weeks of term to go, here’s hoping this lovely weather continues so that we can continue to enjoy showing off our finest Summer fashion!