UKIP in Durham!

A UKIP meeting taking place in Durham this weekend is set to have a great line up.

Mike Read, a former Radio One DJ, is getting ready to speak at a UKIP meeting in Durham next week. He will be the guest speaker at the public event which will take place at the Salutation Inn, in Framwellgate Moor, on Saturday 8th February at 2pm.

Back in the day!

The former broadcaster of the Radio One Breakfast Show and the former TV presenter (Top of The Pops and Saturday Superstore) has been a member of the political party since 2012 and is now UKIP’s spokesman for culture and media. Their policies can be found here.

This is not unfamiliar territory to DJ Read, who has previously spoken three times at Conservative Party conferences. In 2006 he entertained guests at a Conservative Party dinner by performing a ten-minute political rap. Let’s hope he’s decided to do that again!

This guy’s got nothing on Mike Read!

Richard Elvin, UKIP’s North-East regional candidate for the upcoming European elections, will be featuring alongside Mike Read. He raved to The Northern Echo that “We are delighted that Mike has been able to fit this event into his busy schedule. We look forward to hearing his views on why he believes the UK would be better off out of the EU”.

So do we Richard. So do we.