Durham is Full of Gimps

Durham has been ranked the 2nd Sexiest Town in UK according to a survey conducted by lovehoney.com.

The adult entertainment site has researched which towns in the UK spend the most on their sex lives. With Bangor (County Down, N. Ireland) claiming the top spot by spending 6.7x the national average, Durham comes a close second at 6.4x.

Not to be confused with Bangor (Wales) who claimed the top spot in the University Sex League 2012.

According to lovehoney.com, the top 10 sexiest towns in the UK are:

1. Bangor (County Down)
2. Durham
3. Newtownards
4. Norwich
5. Bishop Auckland
6. Cambridge
7. Newry
8. Nottingham
9. Lincoln
10. Southampton

The stats don’t lie. Durham residents are spending 10x the national average on fetish clothing for men – the highest in the country – as well as a substantial amount on anal sex toys at a staggering 7.3x. With Stockton spending just 1x, sex is another thing Durham can claim to be better at.

Lovehoney.com also locates your nearest adult store. Now that Durham’s Ann Summers has closed down this means going further afield for your fetishes: Newcastle is home to Nice N Naughty whilst Gateshead boasts both an Ann Summers and a Pulse and Cocktails.

Clearly ran out of stock.

Excluding Ireland, Durham is officially the sexiest town in Britain. Whether it’s protection from the cold or the result of a dirty social, we must be doing something right. Keep up the good work, you perverts.