DURHAM FILM FESTIVAL 2012

Friday 3rd – Saturday 4th Feb

durham film festival

This week will see the launch of Durham's first ever film festival, with work shops, film-screenings and networking sessions all on the list. 

From 3rd-4th February, the Durham Student Film Society will be hosting a variety of events aimed at students interested in a media career and film-making. With a variety of short film-screenings, anyone curious as tothe film-making prowess of Durhamites  will be pleasantly suprised. Caleb Pike, one of the organisers, is the man behind the lens for Durham One's student cribs. 

With all events free, there is surely no harm in heading over for a movie masterclass. 

~~ SCHEDULE ~~

Friday 3rd February:

– 6:00pm – Empty Shop – Workshop/Talk: “Screen Acting for Film and Television” with William Webb – A look at the different techniques, what directors are looking for in a performance, and how the process differs from theatre. (Spaces are limited, so could those interested please confirm attendance on this Facebook event)
– 7:30pm – Vane Tempest Room, Dunelm House (Durham Students’ Union) – Short Film Screening – The screening and judging of our chosen local and national short film entries.
– 9:00pmKingsgate Bar – An opportunity to find out more about Durham Student Film and the Durham Film scene, and for networking with judges.

Saturday 4th February:

– 3:00pmElvet Riverside 149 – Workshop/Talk: “Making a Short Film” with Sandie Jamieson and Ken Grieve – an introduction to filmmaking essentials for anyone interested in film and cinema.
– 4:00pmElvet Riverside 149 – Workshop/Talk: “Screenwriting” with Sandie Jamieson and Ken Grieve – a guide to finding a concept, and writing a producible screenplay.
– 5:00pmElvet Riverside 149 – Workshop/Talk: “How to get ahead in Media” with Colin Webb – CAREERS TALK – A film focused careers talk on the media industry.
– 7:00pmKingsgate Bar – The festival will round off with a second opportunity for networking and discussion.

For more information go to the page at Durham Student Film:
http://www.durhamstudentfilm.co.uk/durham-film-festival-2012/